Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Its just been 3..or 4 days ... The Lost Wanderer told me about it ...and IT definitely was a surprising find..

All my dearest friends from yesteryears...have hooked onto something they call "Blogging"...All of them(sumz,bing,potato,max and of course the wanderer himself ) seem to be living in a totally different world..one I lost touch with a long time back..They seem to be frozen in time..still where I left them..sharing those meaningless discussions, the nonsensical jokes,living in those fun filled days when all that troubles you is loneliness and boredom or at times a cartload of noisy friends who would turn up just when you want some time to yourself and then refuse to move their "butts" off your couch of solitude....ouch..Mommies shouldn't be using chee chee language..Well..thats who I am today..."a fresh new first time mommy"




Am still learning the tricks of the trade ..I was once a Pro at spending hours and hours in LifeStlye (TTK Road,chennai) trying on trousers,shirts,shoes,skirts and any other piece of garment ever fashioned to adorn the female anatomy and eventually calling it 'a wrap' by buying a white shirt which has to be worn the next day with those icy blue jeans picked up the previous week..( nostalgic sumz??) What a delightful way to spend time and money..when one has plenty of both at one's disposal..one not knows wat one does..or shops..:):)Well cutting short the crap about yesterdays spent ....lets zoom into the todays being lived...Life as a first time mommy.......a lot to be said...but very little time......24 hours is too short to call it a DAY..:)!!I really really wish...God would put in an hour or two more into a day....there's so much more to be done...baby laundery to be washed...dry clothes to be brought in..washed and dried clothes to be ironed..diapers to be thrown out...omigosh..have to clean the feeding bottles and rest of the paraphernalia and then wash them again in hot water..have to feed the birds ( we have a couple..actually 5 lovebirds here..) ..pick up the rattler..the duckie..the bunny..the doggie..and all those stuffed toys from the floor and stuff them back into the shelf...roll her cot back into its place...then there's cooking and cleaning and shopping ...and all thats got to be done before she wakes up...cause once she has woken up...I find myself facing yet another pile of dirty nappies ,rompers and baby t-shirts... Yes..life's definitely been hectic since my Little Princess...the apple of my eyes...my little butterfly..flew right into my life...I didnt know what I was getting into until I was neck deep in it...but right now..at the end of the day...at this unearthly hour ...when I walked upto her cot to check on her..and found my little angel ..sleeping adorably..those big eyes tightly shut..fluttering as she dreams...those soft cheeks...those chubby fists ..those tiny feet propped up on her pillow..that tiny tummy gently moving up and down...those gentle breaths..those tiny red lips half open as if she is about to whisper " Amma I love you.."..I bend down and kiss my darling and I look at her ...call it a DAY..its simply been a fulfilling day...:) Let me go and snuggle next to her......smell the baby smell..touch her delicate skin..and feel her tiny arms hug me tight..afterall..to her I am now Amma...the one who can make any boo boo go with a kiss...I am magical guys....I am different from what I was...And I love the difference that a lil soul has brought to my life...





And this is for you...my dearest one...


Sun is creeping down
Behind the hill
Everything is calm
Everything is still

So baby close your eyes
And rest your weary mind
Let me hold you close I'll sing you this lullaby

Let your worries go
You fall asleep
Think of nothing more
Memories will keep

Your dreams will turn to gold
And you will waken fine
Then you'll hold a smile all day from this lullaby

Maybe somewhere in the silence
You will wake and you're alone
Just call out and I'll be there

Even when I'm gone
Each day will end
So I'll say 'goodnight'
'Til we meet again

Now baby close your eyes
And rest your weary mind
I'll let you know the joy you bring
You this lullaby



Celine Dion - Baby Close Your Eyes

9 Comments:

Blogger The Lost Wanderer said...

>The Lone Wanderer ???

Anyways... welcome to the real world :)

1:02 AM  
Blogger El Cynic said...

Bing sez...Welcome to Blogville...
Nice one 2 start off with...
And TLW, Potato...are we still frozen in time?? :-)

1:09 AM  
Blogger The Lost Wanderer said...

>are we still frozen in time??

i am still the same youth of yesteryears... but i have an uncanny suspicion that u're turning into a shibu...

1:19 AM  
Blogger potatopeelings said...

sigh... now I miss home...

is maria going to coach the rest of the basketball team? :)

and does she look as peaceful awake?

yes bing v r frozen in time. but don't worry, we've gotten a wee bit more cynical. that proves we're growing old... er i mean mature :)

11:05 AM  
Blogger The Lost Wanderer said...

growing old -> mandatory
growing up -> definitely optional

:D

3:59 AM  
Blogger sumz said...

Do remember the icy blue jeans.. But now guess its like i've come an inch from there and u a whole mile!! :)

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just to say hi. :)

6:47 PM  
Blogger rozez_80 said...

Don't u guys

10:28 PM  
Blogger rozez_80 said...

Am amma...not mummy...and stop fillin up my inbox with mails...Eventhough it was a bit irritating..did enjoy readin all those 40 mails ..slipped back in time and remembered those GM mails...By the way,its weekend here.So daddy is also home..so amma has no time..shall be back on sunday guys...coz daddy is takin off on saturday as well :):):D hee hee hee..

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home